In recent years, new reading series and bookstores have emerged in Queens.
With artistic institutions and writers living or working in the borough for years, some of these new additions are helping to make literature more visible in a borough usually known more for its cuisines than its arts.
Below is a map that shows the literary events happening this month. Use the toggle bar on the left hand to bring you to the location and info box for more details. Get directions by pressing a button on the lower right hand of the info box.
Click on the upper right hand for a fullscreen view.
All dates and events are subject to change. This map may not appear in all browsers. The toggle does not always appear on mobile devices.
For those who cannot see the map there is a scrolling list on the bottom of the page.
- Connecting the Queens Literary Leaders
- Open Mic Series Gives Translators a Turn Under the Literary Spotlight
- Writer Asks Queens Residents to Type Line of Poetry for Art Project
- First Queens-Wide Write-A-Thon
- Writers Play the Dating Game